Cone shaped pourover dripper, makes 1-4 5oz cups in fantasyland, or 1 real sized cup in the real world.
Brewing using a Hario V60 is simple! Just follow these five simple steps:
- Rinse your paper filter with water to remove any paper tastes.
- Preheat your Hario V60 by rinsing with hot water and insert your filter.
- Grind the coffee immediately before you brew. What grind to use? You want to use a medium grind (sometimes called “auto-drip") for cone brewing. If water pools and fails to drain, make the grind a little coarser.
- Measure the correct amount of ground coffee into the filter. We recommend using 8 grams of coffee to 5 oz water (#1 filter 5 oz (150ml) 8 grams (.28oz) or #2 filter 10 oz (300ml) 16 grams (.56oz).
- Using water that just reached a boil, (about 200 degrees F) add a small amount of water to wet all the grounds and let the coffee “bloom.” Wait 30 to 45 seconds, then start to pour the rest of the water slowly from the center of the grounds outward, in a circular motion using a third of the remaining liquid at a time. Total brew time should be about 2:30 minutes. Remove the filter and enjoy!