- 24,000 sq ft
- SQF certified, under recognition by the Global Food Safety Initiative
- Certified Organic by Natural Food Certifiers
- EPA certified for Clean Air Operations
- Certified FDA-registered Food-Processing Facility
- Managed using HACCP, SSOP, and GMP food safety programs
- Certified Kosher by Orthodox Union
- Third-party audited by Eurofins Scientific
- Fully traceable, documented processes
WHERE IT ALL BEGAN
We started roasting coffee in Rockville in 1997 to create market opportunities for our farmers. After 2 expansions, a move, and a fire, in 2014 we built our state-of-the-art facility where we now operate.
Why would a coffee company be involved in the planting, exporting, and selling of chia seeds? Well, because we're a coffee company with a greater PURPOSE and we learned that supporting our producers' DIVERSIFICATION helped to provide them with stabilized income. This gives them more peace of mind to focus on their craft of cultivating quality products and it allows us to offer a more sustainable, high quality source of chia seeds to the market. Chia for the win-win!
THE RETAIL EXPERIENCE
They say that our eyes are the windows to our souls. Well, our windows are your eyes into our purpose and passion.
As part of our focus on transparency, inclusion, and open communication, we've included a fully functioning cafe at our flagship facility. You can have a handcrafted organic latte (we only use organic milks) as you watch our staff roast and package coffee to ship to market.
We're proud of what we do and we want to share it with all of our customers. This is why we offer monthly classes like cupping, brewing and facility tours. We want you to see the efforts we make from Latin America all the way til we put your bag of coffee in a box to ship out.