To eliminate systemic poverty in rural Latin America through responsible trade of artisanal organic foods.
We don’t just source and sell artisanal organic products. We exist and operate with the purpose of eliminating systemic poverty in rural Latin America through responsible trade.
We have dedicated our lives to creating a SUSTAINABLE business model that puts FARMERS first as we believe that HEALTHY farming communities will produce better quality products that ultimately will benefit our valued customers.
The agriculture industry is broken. The farmers in Latin America that grow the foods we consume to nourish our bodies are as poor as ever.
Their communities are being poisoned with chemicals for the purpose of growing more volume, rather than better quality.
Rather than put a bandaid on it on these issues, we work every day to redefine and shift the industry. We:
- renegotiate financing terms with banks on behalf of producers
- sign advance contracts that farmers can use to get loans
- provide agronomists to help producers maximize yields
- communicate with producers almost daily and visit them constantly
- establish our own export companies to provide savings
- eliminate brokers, traders, and middlemen that don’t add value
- replace mills, banks, and exporters that take advantage of producers
We don’t do these things for PR or marketing. We them because we believe that it’s our obligation for future generations of farmers–and consumers.
The solution isn’t as simple as paying farmers a few cents more. It’s about treating our farmers as EQUAL PARTNERS and empowering them through communication and cooperation. It’s about “trimming the fat” in the agribusiness supply chain to create more value for farmers and for consumers–all while obsessively focusing on quality.